Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Weekday Wanderings

It's hard to imagine not working. Not that staying home with my baby isn't work, but I mean getting in the car and driving to an office where I have a desk and I get to not be covered in spit up for at least 9 hours a day. I love my job. It's going to be very strange to leave this world I'm so comfortable in.

On the other hand, I'm super excited to be able to spend more time with my little Ellie-phant. She is at a fun age where she's learning a new dog trick practically every week (sit, roll over, speak, haha). I'm looking forward to being able to take her to a playground during the day, or splashing in a baby pool with her. I'm hoping she will continue to ride well in the car so we can go on little adventures together. That brings me to my main point. I don't want to be a stay at home mom in the sense that I'm constantly at home. I want to take advantage of our time in a new city and new state. I want to learn and see new places, and I want Ellie to experience all of that with me.

Weekday wanderings is something I thought up when I realized I get bored and feel spastic when I'm trapped at home too long (like this past ridiculously terrible winter). I'm planning to try to go somewhere new at least once a week while we're in PA so I don't lose all of my adult communication skills after being by myself with a baby all day every day. Like that commercial where the wife asks her husband if he had a good day at "worky jerky." Yeah, I don't want to be that mom.

So here's a list of some places I want to check out. Either on my own, or with any friends/family that should happen to be visiting.

Hershey Park
Hershey Zoo
Gettysburg
Valley Forge
King of Prussia Mall - HUGE seriously have you heard of it?!
Lancaster (Amish country)
York - lots of factory tours
Harrisburg
Every park in walking/practical driving distance
Bike trails
Allegheny Mountains
Ohiopyle State Park
Fallingwater
Brandywine Valley
The Poconos
Philadelphia

I'm sure there's a lot more to see and do, but this should be a good starting point. We are looking forward to our trip to Hershey next week to scout out possible places to rent, so fingers crossed we can put down a deposit while we're there.

We're also planning to check out Philadelphia and Fallingwater on our drive back home, so that should make it a fun little vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment