Thursday, March 27, 2014

Wedding Plans

No, not my wedding. My sister in law, Tricia is getting married this coming June and I've volunteered to help with some of the decorations. I absolutely loved this part of planning my own wedding, but I understand how it can be overwhelming. Especially now that pinterest exists! You can get lost there looking at flowers and cakes and stuff for days. I did make a board with some ideas, but I wanted to share what I've been thinking here.
 We really like the look of the rustic wood for signs. I don't have a readily available source for old wood, so I found a tutorial online for how to age new wood to a gray color that I'm planning to try soon.
 I love the idea of doing some sort of photo backdrop like this, but on a smaller scale. Next step is to look at my local fabric stores to see if they have some sort of gauzy or chiffon type fabric I can cut in strips and hang from a dowel.
 This is an inspiration photo for the flower color scheme. Lots of white and some blush pink, with maybe a few green leaves mixed in.
 Tricia's fiance Dane is from Lexington, MI and apparently there is a birch forest somewhere around there that they have access to. I've already told them they must take me there some day. It sounds beautiful! Anyway, we have tossed around the idea of doing some candle holders or maybe some coasters made from birch to give as favors.
 I've always loved Rifle Paper Co. and these number cards fit our theme perfectly. These will be inspiration for the idea I have up my sleeve.
                                               All pics sourced on my Pinterest board
Last, but not least, this is the color of our bridesmaid dresses. It's a celadon green that will look great with the pink and white color scheme.

I have been in research mode for a while now, so I'm really looking forward to pulling everything together to start crafting. I can see why people want to be wedding planners for a living. It's so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment